top of page

FAQ

Are you accepting new clients?

As of January 2024, my psychotherapy practice is full.  I encourage you to get on my waitlist.  You may contact me here to get on it.

I have some availability for caregiver consultations and for the supervision of Associate Social Workers.

What are your fees?

You can also find this information on the Fees and Insurance page.


There is no cost to clients who have Original Medicare Part B, with a secondary insurance or supplemental plan.  (The exception would be at the beginning of the year if you are responsible for your annual deductible.)  If Medicare is your only insurance, you are responsible for the 20% copay of the Medicare allowed amount.  (You pay approximately $25 for a 55 minute session and $17 for a 45 minute session.  This may be slightly different in 2024.) 

Private pay fees for therapy:

  • $200 for 55 minutes

  • $180 for 45 minutes

Caregiver consultation services are available at $200 per hour.

Associate Social Worker clinical supervision is available at $200 per hour, or $150 each per hour for triadic supervision.   You can read some testimonials to my work as a clinical supervisor.

Will my health insurance cover therapy?

Medicare covers 80% and your secondary insurance or supplemental plan covers the other 20%.


Although I am not accepting any other insurance, I will provide a "Superbill" for you to submit to your insurance in order for you to get reimbursed, if your plan allows that. 

There are some insurances that allow providers who are not in-network to sign a "Single Case Agreement," and if yours is one of them, I am often willing to do this.  More information on this can also be found on the Fees & Insurance page.

How long will I be in psychotherapy?

How long someone is in therapy varies from person to person, depending on their needs and goals.  Many people start feeling better within 3 to 6 months.  We will regularly revisit your specific goals to see if we are meeting them, and make adjustments as needed.

How do I know if you are a good fit for me?

Finding the right therapist is so important!  Contact me to schedule a time for a 15-minute consultation for free in order to help you make this decision.

How can you help me if I'm a caregiver?

I provide psychotherapy to family members who are having difficulty with their role as caregiver.

I can be used as a consultant to caregivers and families, as I have a lot of knowledge about the healthcare system from years of working as a medical social worker in acute hospital and home health care settings.  

How do I schedule an appointment?

Please contact me by email.

What are your hours?

My hours are 9 am - 5 pm on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.  

My hours for caregiver consultations and clinical supervision vary on Mondays and Fridays.

What is your cancellation policy?

Please give me a 24-hour notice if you need to cancel a scheduled appointment.  You will be responsible for a $100 fee if you cancel later than this time period.  You will be asked to provide a credit card and sign an authorization to bill the credit card as part of the intake process.

What if I no longer want to come to therapy with you?

There are many reasons a client no longer wants to attend therapy and "termination" from therapy is a normal and expected process that comes ideally when you've reached your goals and developed more tools to help you cope in life. 


Sometimes, however, a client feels therapy is not working or may have negative feelings toward the therapeutic process or even the therapist.  This is normal.  You are entrusting your most sacred aspects of your life to your therapist.  Sometimes it is uncomfortable or you wish your therapist would respond in a different manner than they do.  As your therapist, I would love the opportunity to help work through whatever the barrier is and make sure that I am providing what you need.  I welcome you to share what is on your mind.


You have the right to terminate therapy at any time you no longer wish to attend.  Although you have the option of not showing up, I believe bringing up the idea of wanting to end therapy in a session is most helpful in the long run.  I promise you I will not invalidate your feelings.  I welcome the opportunity for feedback as well.


Here is an interesting article about this topic.

FAQ: FAQ
bottom of page